1. What are you grateful for today?
My health. My husband and my babies.
2. Tell us about one of your friends and what you love about her.
My college roommate, Anne. She’s creative and free-spirited. And fearless. She’s allowed me to live vicariously through her as she’s travelled the world and lived in some of the coolest places. She also shares my secret love for cherry flavored cigars and Donnel Jones.
3. Describe one of the best days of your life.The day we adopted our oldest son. They put him in my arms and I looked at his sweet little face for the first time. I remember thinking he looked familiar, like I’d known him for a hundred years. It was an awesome moment. An awesome day.
4. What’s the best lesson you learned from your mother/grandmother?
I’m lucky enough to still be learning lessons from both of them. But probably how to pick a good mate–and how to pick a good red lipstick.
5. We’re all unique. What is your special gift?
I’m a decent storyteller. And a decent cook.
6. What could women be doing to make their community a better place?
Find a cause. And find a way to support it–either with their time, talent or treasure.
7. What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Write more. Maybe a blog or a newspaper column.