Sponsor 7 Q+As with Liz of The McDonald Group! Thank you for being like family to all of us, for all of your guidance and for saying yes, even though you really had no idea what we were asking you to do. We can’t get enough of you two. We would move in with you if we could. And we just might.
1. What are you grateful for today?
My Chiropractor! A recent injury has made me realize I have taken my health and mobility for granted.
2. Tell us about one of your friends and what you love about her.
My friend Paula is an amazing person. She is an incredibly independent person. She has never been afraid of a challenge and is always looking forward to the next adventure in life.
3. Describe one of the best days of your life.
4th of July (every year) I love this day, my family is together at Rend Lake on a houseboat and it is an incredibly special time.
4. What’s the best lesson you learned from your mother/grandmother?
My grandmother—Be tough and don’t take any crap from anyone!!
5. We’re all unique. What is your special gift?
6. What could women be doing to make their community a better place?
Find one thing you are passionate about and work hard to make a difference! I used to volunteer for everything I was asked to do and I didn’t do a particularly great job at any of them because I was spread too thin. Now I am very selective and often say no until the right thing comes along. If I do commit to something, I want to have the time and energy to do it well.
7. What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Run a marathon!