Meet Sarah Bell… We are so excited to feature another amazing woman!
1. What are you grateful for today?
The necks of my two sons Henry (3) and Truman (1). I could hang out and nuzzle in their necks all day long.
2. Tell us about one of your friends and what you love about her.
My friend Carrie Caldarola was there for me in all the right ways when my brother died suddenly of an undiagnosed brain tumor. I sort of hid for awhile and I remember her calling me and saying “I’m going to call you every day. You don’t have to even say anything. Just pick up the phone and know that I will call you every day.” That really touched me in a way I can’t really even explain. And she stuck to it.
3. Describe one of the best days of your life.
It’s a cliche, but without a doubt the days that my boys were born. I was just so DAMN excited to meet them, see their faces, hold them. I feel so lucky and blessed.
4. What’s the best lesson you learned from your mother/grandmother?
My mother had severe rheumetoid arthritis and walked with a cane and later was in a wheelchair. People stared, whispered, etc. She never let it bother her. She taught me what it means to truly be confident in who you are.
5. We’re all unique. What is your special gift?
Empathy. I’ve gone through heartbreak. I’ve lost my brother when I was 28 and my Mom when I was 37. I understand loss and grief enough to know that everyone’s journey is personal and unique.
6. What could women be doing to make their community a better place?
Support and love on each other. Get over this competitive ridiculousness!
7. What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Move out west or abroad and/or start another retail venture.