Meet Sasha Mobley… We are excited to feature one of our favorite women today- Sasha Mobley!
1. What are you grateful for today?
Just received official notice for a position as visiting lecturer.
2. Tell us about one of your friends and what you love about her.
My friend Cole has been in my corner ever since I began graduate studies. Not only did she see me through my doctoral program, but we both introduced each other to our respective life partners. Cole is incredibly generous, intelligent, but most importantly good-hearted. We are butch buddies for life.
3. Describe one of the best days of your life.
Yesterday was pretty great — my sister visited me in Chicago with her friend from Paris. The last time I saw my sister was ten years ago when she was still in middle school—since our father died at about that time, we haven’t kept in touch very much due to long distance. It was really cool to meet the young woman that she has become, now married, in veterinary school and with the best qualities of our dad. She came over for dinner, met my family and then we went out to hear some jazz at the Green Mill with the Chicago hipsters.
4. What’s the best lesson you learned from your mother/grandmother?
That women can do whatever men can do.
5. We’re all unique. What is your special gift?
6. What could women be doing to make their community a better place?
7. What would you do if you weren’t afraid?