Meet Ilia Bricker… When you visit one of our sponsors, Dixon Graphics, chances are that you will be greeted by this smiling face of the oh-so-helpful Ilia!
1. What are you grateful for today?
The list of things for which I’m grateful gets longer each year. At the top of the list are life and breath. Today sunshine is a bonus.
2. Tell us about one of your friends and what you love about her.
My friend RaeAnn is compassionate, consistent and real. She is a great listener and offers perspectives I’ve overlooked. She also has the ability to crack me up when I least expect it.
3. Describe one of the best days of your life.
The day we celebrated my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary comes to mind. My siblings and our families met at my parents house. We brought a wedding cake – something they never had. It was a day to give back to our parents a small portion of the love and attention we had been given. The day was filled with family stories and much happiness. I’ll never forget it.
4. What’s the best lesson you learned from your mother/grandmother?
My mother has incredible strength. Her mother had it as well. I like to think that I too can have thick skin, endure tough times, and dig really deep when that is required of me. Although I’ve learned from the masters; I’m still an apprentice.
5. We’re all unique. What is your special gift?
I have a knack for creative problem solving.
6. What could women be doing to make their community a better place?
We can love our kids, care for their classmates and support their teachers.
7. What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
I would have WHITE upholstered furniture!